I think Rodney is starting to cooperate now that he knows I’m going to paint him no matter how much he protests.
I also think I figured out the warm color I’ve been looking for in the orange mixture I messed with today. I added it to his shirt (you can see that in the bottom photo), in his face (in the top photo), and in the candle glow. Most of the cake is finished, but I want to make sure I add the new orange and table yellowish to it so it looks like they’re all part of the same light and belong in the same painting.
I’m not satisfied with the line of the table edge, but I’ll save that repair for tomorrow, along with the platter and the table itself.
If you missed it, here are the other progress posts on Rodney:
For real-time progress reports (among other rewards), please consider becoming a patron of The Rots on Patreon. I absolutely love creating for everyone, but creators really do need financial support to keep creating. Thanks!